Vendor Rules 2022
Read these thoroughly as there are new changes that will affect you.
All vendors must agree to these rules as a condition of being a vendor at Bricks by the Bay.
1. Vendors must comply with LEGO®’s altered brick policy:
Every item consisting of or containing LEGO products that have been engraved, printed upon, cut, drilled, glued, painted, or in any way altered must be clearly labeled on the item or on the packaging of the item: “This is not a LEGO Product. These are re-used LEGO elements that have been repackaged or altered from their original form. LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product. Neither the LEGO Group nor Bricks By The Bay are liable for any loss, injury or damage arising from the use or misuse of this product.”
2. Vendors are responsible for the security of their merchandise and possessions at all times. Bricks by the Bay and the hotel assume no liability for theft of, or damage to items. The Grand Ballroom will be unlocked at 7:00 AM Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and locked each night at midnight.
3. Vendors may not under any circumstance sell any item given or sold to them by Bricks by the Bay. This includes items from the goodie bags, door prizes, or swag (shirts, pins, badges, minifigures, etc.) LEGO’s convention support rules prohibit event kits from being sold by anyone other than Bricks by the Bay. Further, vendors may not purchase items from attendees for resale that attendees received for free from Bricks by the Bay. Vendors found to be in violation of these rules will have the item/s confiscated by Bricks by the Bay staff and will be permanently disqualified from vending at Bricks By The Bay. Bricks by the Bay takes this very seriously as it can jeopardize our relationship with LEGO.
4. Vending Hours:
Thursday: 6:00 PM move in and set up. May begin selling once you are operational up until midnight if you so choose.
Friday: May begin set-up at 7:00 AM, but must be open for sales to attendees by 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Optional after the evening ceremonies up until midnight.
Saturday: Must be open by 8:00 AM for attendee sales. The public will have access from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Optional after the evening ceremonies up until midnight.
Sunday: Must be open by 8:00 AM for attendee sales. The public will have access from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
5. Teardown: All vendors must completely vacate the Grand Ballroom by 8:00 PM on Sunday. Any fees incurred by Bricks by the Bay from the convention center for failure to comply with the 8:00 PM move-out deadline will be charged to, and divided equally by vendors remaining at that time. Failure to pay assessed fees will disqualify you from vending at future BBTB events.
6. Vendor merchandise must consist of LEGO® products and accessories or be in some way related to LEGO®. Lighting elements, custom baseplates, etc. are acceptable. Knock-offs such as imitation minifigures, copycat brands such as Lepin or companies in direct competition with LEGO etc. are strictly prohibited.
7. No selling of food or beverages
8. The hotel strictly prohibits gummed stickers or labels. Sponsors and vendors may not distribute promotional gummed stickers or labels! Signage may only be affixed to the walls of the hotel by Bricks by the Bay Director approval in accordance with venue policies.
9. Vendors are responsible for compliance with the State of California, County of Santa Clara, and City of Santa Clara laws and regulations regarding business licenses, seller permits, etc.
10. Seller’s Permit. A seller’s permit is available at no charge from the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration, and under California State Tax Law, is absolutely required to sell anything at Bricks by the Bay. The permit must list the address as Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054. You can amend your permit to have the convention center’s address as a sub location if you already have a permit. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS REQUIREMENT. Vendors must bring a printed copy of their permit to the check-in desk and have it on hand throughout the convention per California State Tax Law. You will not receive your vendor badges without providing a copy of your permit, and no refunds will be issued. Get yours online at:
11. Each staff person you have working at your booth must have either a Vendor Badge or a full convention Attendee Badge. Vendors may request the number of badges they need at no charge, but will incur a $5.00 charge for replacement of lost badges at the convention. See the check-in desk to replace a lost badge. Beyond vending, participation in convention activities requires a Brick Builder Attendee Badge.
12. Due to safety concerns and fire code requirements, tables, chairs, merchandise, signage, etc. may not extend outside of the allotted space under any circumstances. Bulk brick vendors must design their space to allow for their customers to remain within the allotted vendor space and out of the aisles, unless the bulk brick is on the tables. This is required at all times, but is particularly important on the public days.
13. First-time Bricks by the Bay vendors will be limited to one 8’ x 8’ booth, unless otherwise offered by Bricks By The Bay.
14. Warning: If not operational by 11:00 AM on Friday, you may be disqualified as a vendor for Bricks By The Bay 2023. Hardship exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis, but advance notice must be given. Contact the Vendor Coordinator via email to discuss.
15. Treat your customers, our guests, and our staff with respect. There have been numerous complaints from the public in previous years regarding rudeness of vendors. Bricks By The Bay will not welcome back vendors who treat our guests or staff with disrespect. We treat you well and expect the same.
16. Bricks by the Bay has experienced vendors selling items “as new,” yet we have received complaints from customers of incomplete sets being sold. Make sure your “new” or “complete” sets are in fact new and complete.
17. Bricks by the Bay reserves the right to cancel a vendor’s vending space at any time, including during the convention, for violation of the vendor rules. Vendors who are canceled for rule violation will not receive a refund. Vendors previously banned from Bricks by the Bay who register under a different name, will be removed from the event and be permanently disqualified from BBTB vending.
18. Vendors are offered space by invitation only.
19. Make sure your marked prices accurately reflect your selling price. Bait and switch will not be tolerated.